Friday, April 16, 2010

While we wait

While we sit here in Providence making plans and dreaming of the lavender scented air and markets teeming with fresh locally grown foods in the South of France. I get all excited thinking of the foods I could cook. You see one of the things I love to do is cook. Bon Appetite magazine has become one of my favorite reads. I love browsing through it, making my weekly menu and then browsing our local food markets for the food. So I guess from time to time on here I will record what I cook....like last nights Tilapia with Pancetta bread crumbs over herbed mashed Yams....deliciousy fast and simple.
The other thing I will do between planning and dreaming is trying to bring our very outdated 1930's colonial up to date. We've been here five years and have not really done anything to the house. And, well, since we will most likely be here for another five years-at least, it's time to make this house a home. The thing is I can't decide where to start. The livingroom is bland, no character. I hesitate here as it has a rough red brick fireplace that I would love to change but I hate the look of a painted fireplace especially on such rough type of brick and the color of the brick is making it hard for me to choose a color scheme. Then there is the kitchen: very outdated with an old free standing albeit working stove, no dish washer and the worst linoleum you could ever imagine but, if you try you need to put a raised seem slap bang down the center of the room from the sink to the dinning room door. And lastly is the master bedroom a 28 x 11 foot room with a 36" x 32" closet. I'm sure you can imagine the mess on the floor that leads too. This room though I think might be last as we are considering spliting the room to create a master bath with closets. Something I really want to do but wonder since we plan to move would the cost be worth it????
So for now I need to decide....living room for the fastest fix or hold out to do the kitchen first?

No comments:

Post a Comment