Saturday, April 17, 2010


Emily's Livingroom


Bookcases a Craigs List find. Click the picture to see the great transformation.

I've spent many hours between last night and this morning in, what I like to call blog land and, I 'think' I've decided what to do. I came across so many talented bloggers and beautiful rooms but I was really inspired by Emily over at Emily A Clark . I initially fell in love with her bedroom but when I saw what she did with both her formal living room and her family room I got all ready to go. Not only what she did in just decorating the space but how she takes Craiglist finds and transforms them. I'm a pretty handy person in the DIY arena but was always afraid were furnishings where concerned but I can honestly say I think Emily has given me that "you can do it" that I needed. The great thing is though, not only have I been inspired but so has Mr me. When I got up this morning I found him browsing ebay and Craigslist looking for items for the living room. Most specifically a Sun burst mirror so I guess we'll be getting one of those but, he also wants to spend tomorrow going around the antique stores and he even stopped into salvation army this morning. Too funny...I never thought he would get so excited.
So first project decided - Livingroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment