Friday, April 16, 2010

So whats this all about

Currently we live here.....


but eventually we want to live here....

14 years ago next month I got on a plane and moved to America - Rhode Island to be exact. I didn't know for how long but I did it, without really thinking about it. I had always wanted to live in France but I had met the man, destined to be Mr me in Dublin airport and we had traded phone calls and letters (prior to the average person having email) for 9 months when he asked me to come to America. I never really thought it would be forever but just over a year later we were saying I do. Now almost 13 years, 2 children and 2 dogs later we are saying "we will". "We will" to giving up our lives here in America and "we will" to a new life in France.
I had spent some time in France on different occasions through my teens and early 20's. I have also had a love affair with all things French since the first Bonjour rolled off my tongue in 1st year, at 12 years old. I was sure that was were I was destined to go, and, I almost did. The college I attended had an exchange program with a college in Lyon and I was picked to participate but unfortuantely it wasn't financially feasible at the time. Although, in a strange twist of fate it was this that lead me to meet the wonderful man whom I would marry. I had taken a year out of college to earn the money I would need to go to France on the exchange program. To do this I had taken a job in the marketing department at Dublin Airport. I was only there two weeks when I met him and now, here we are, in a center hall colonial in the city of Providence. But, now 14 years later the decision has been made....we are going to follow what I thought was my long lost dream and move to France. We're not quite sure how we will get there yet, or when. We do know it will take a number of years a lot of work and saving but the decision has been made. Nous allons y!!

No comments:

Post a Comment